|The Birth of St. John the Baptist |
and his father Zacharias writing his name
- Mary goes to visit Elizabeth and Elizabeth blesses her.
- And blessed (happy, to be envied) is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of the things that were spoken to her from the Lord. Luke 1:45 AMP Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45 NIV
- Mary praised the Lord.
- And His mercy (His compassion and kindness toward the miserable and afflicted) is on those who fear Him with godly reverence, from generation to generation and age to age. Luke 1:50
- Mary stayed with Elizabeth for around three months before returning home. John is born and the society want to name him after his father. Zechariah names him and his speech is restored.
- Everyone was talking about this miracle and Zechariah prophecies.
- o bring and give the knowledge of salvation to His people in the forgiveness and remission of their sins Luke 1:77
- And the little boy grew and became strong in spirit; and he was in the deserts (wilderness) until the day of his appearing to Israel [the commencement of his public ministry]. Luke 1:80 This scripture spoke to me of what we can pray for our children that they will grow up to be spiritually strong.
- The announcement to Joseph of Jesus conception.
- The birth of Jesus as told by Matthew and Luke.
We are blessed to be a blessing.
Blessings to you all
|The Birth of Jesus|