|Joseph's Coat Brought to Jacob|
by Giovanni Andrea de Ferrari, c. 1640
- Genesis 35:2 ... "Get rid of the foreign gods that are among you. Purify yourselves and change your clothes. I love this verse. Get rid of the foreign gods and purify yourself. This is true for us today. I have wondered what foreign gods we bring home with us with out even realising that they are foreign gods ?
- Genesis 35:11-15 God reaffirms his covenant with Jacob.
- Genesis 37 chronicles the Joseph's journey to Egypt and his sale to Potiphar.
- 1 Chronicles 2:3 ...., was evil in the LORD'S sight, so He put him to death. I was a little shocked when I read this. Just how evil does one need to be for the LORD to intervene and put you to death ? When I think about some of the attrocities that man has commited in history this man must have been really bad. Genesis 38:7
- In Genesis 38 we read about Tamar. This has inspired me to read the book Tamar by Francine Rivers. Did you know that Tamar is in the Lineage of Jesus ? Matthew 1:3
For further study:
- A Capsule History of Rachels Tomb. This is interresting because the word says Genesis 35:20 states: Jacob set up a marker on her grave; it is the marker at Rachel's grave to this day.
- Rachels Grave over at My Jewish Learning - The Tombstone, the Unveiling, and Visiting the Grave
- Historical evidence of Joseph and Potiphar
- Some interresting historical insights about Potiphar and Joseph over at Enduring Word.com