January 21, 2012

21 - Get rid of foreign gods that are among you

Well it definately takes more than twenty one days to form and keep a habit! I am playing catch up.

Joseph's Coat Brought to Jacob
by Giovanni Andrea de Ferrari, c. 1640
Chareen's Thoughts:
  • Genesis 35:2  ... "Get rid of the foreign gods that are among you. Purify yourselves and change your clothes. I love this verse. Get rid of the foreign gods and purify yourself.  This is true for us today.  I have wondered what foreign gods we bring home with us with out even realising that they are foreign gods ? 
  • Genesis 35:11-15 God reaffirms his covenant with Jacob.
  • Genesis 37 chronicles the Joseph's journey to Egypt and his sale to Potiphar.
  • 1 Chronicles 2:3 ...., was evil in the LORD'S sight, so He put him to death. I was a little shocked when I read this.  Just how evil does one need to be for the LORD to intervene and put you to death ?  When I think about some of the attrocities that man has commited in history this man must have been really bad.  Genesis 38:7
  • In Genesis 38 we read about Tamar.  This has inspired me to read the book Tamar by Francine Rivers.  Did you know that Tamar is in the Lineage of Jesus ?   Matthew 1:3
Todays reading has me thinking about idols in our homes and hearts.

Blessings
Chareen


For further study:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...