January 14, 2012

14 - Is anything impossible for the LORD ?

Abraham and the Three Angels (watercolor circa 1896–1902 by James Tissot)

Chareen's Thoughts:
  • Genesis 18:14 Is anything impossible for the LORD?  Jesus Himself reminds us in Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27 and Luke 18:27  that with God all things are possible.
  • Mount Sodom, Israel, showing
    the so-called "Lot's Wife" pillar.
    Photo credit: Wikipedia
  • Genesis 18: 23-33 Abraham interceded / pleaded for Sodom. If ten could be found the LORD would spare Sodom. I wonder about the significance of ten ? Was Abraham thinking of the family of Lot ? Lot + his wife + future sons in law (2) + 2 daughters + at least two daughter/son who are married = 10. We read the angels say take your daughters who are here in Genesis 19:15  there is an inference that Lot had more children who were not there in his home. 
  • I am shocked each time I read that Lot offered his virgin daughters to the men of the city.  Why would a father do that ? Genesis 19:8
  • In Genesis 19:1 we see that Lot is a man of influence because he is sitting at the gate.
  • Lot is known as a righteous man 2 Peter 2:6-8
  • Genesis 20:2 Abraham lies again about Sarah being his wife.  I wonder why this man of faith was so afraid ?  Genesis 20: 3 - 7 God Himself warns Abimelech not to touch Sarah for she is Abraham's wife.  
  • God still required Abraham to pray for Abimelech. Genesis 20: 17-18. God had closed all the women's wombs on account of Sarah.  
I often need to remind myself that with God all things are possible.  I rely on what I know and see far to much I need to trust Him with my whole heart and stop leaning on my own understanding.


Proverbs 3: 5-6
 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
   and he will make your paths straight




Blessings

Chareen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...