|Abraham and the Three Angels (watercolor circa 1896–1902 by James Tissot)|
- Genesis 18:14 Is anything impossible for the LORD? Jesus Himself reminds us in Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27 and Luke 18:27 that with God all things are possible.
- Genesis 18: 23-33 Abraham interceded / pleaded for Sodom. If ten could be found the LORD would spare Sodom. I wonder about the significance of ten ? Was Abraham thinking of the family of Lot ? Lot + his wife + future sons in law (2) + 2 daughters + at least two daughter/son who are married = 10. We read the angels say take your daughters who are here in Genesis 19:15 there is an inference that Lot had more children who were not there in his home.
- I am shocked each time I read that Lot offered his virgin daughters to the men of the city. Why would a father do that ? Genesis 19:8
- In Genesis 19:1 we see that Lot is a man of influence because he is sitting at the gate.
- Lot is known as a righteous man 2 Peter 2:6-8
- Genesis 20:2 Abraham lies again about Sarah being his wife. I wonder why this man of faith was so afraid ? Genesis 20: 3 - 7 God Himself warns Abimelech not to touch Sarah for she is Abraham's wife.
- God still required Abraham to pray for Abimelech. Genesis 20: 17-18. God had closed all the women's wombs on account of Sarah.
|Mount Sodom, Israel, showing|
the so-called "Lot's Wife" pillar.
Photo credit: Wikipedia
Proverbs 3: 5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight