- Plague 3 Gnats Exodus 8:16-19 This was the first plague that Pharaohs magicians could not mimic using occult practices. The magicians concede that This is the finger of God Exodus 8:19
- Plague 4 Flies Exodus 8:20-32 This was the first of the plagues that the Lords people were protected from and God declares it is a sign of HIS presence in the land. Exodus 8:22 .But on that day I will give special treatment to the land of Goshen, where My people are living; no flies will be there. This way you will know that I, the LORD, am in the land.
- Plague 5 Death of Livestock Exodus 9:1-7 This plague the LORD set a time for. Exodus 9:5 And the LORD set a time, saying, "Tomorrow the LORD will do this thing in the land."
- Plague 6 Boils Exodus 9:8-12 This plague made the magicians so ill they could no longer stand in Moses and Pharaohs presence. Exodus 9:11
- Plague 7 Hail Exodus 9:13-35 In this plague God shows his merciful heart in that He warns the Egyptians of His intent and gives them time to bring their life stock indoors for protection. Exodus 9:19 Therefore give orders to bring your livestock and all that you have in the field into shelters. Every person and animal that is in the field and not brought inside will die when the hail falls on them." It did not hail in Goshen. I see this as an act of mercy to the Egyptians too. When the Israelite s leave there was one small area left unscathed by the hand of the Lord for them to use. The hail in this plague not only killed the living but destroyed all crops and plant material in the whole land of Egypt. Verse 32 but the wheat and the spelt were not destroyed since they are later crops. This is an act of His mercy too. Food to grow for the remnant.
- God declares His reasons for allowing the plagues and allowing survivors of the plagues: Exodus 9:14-16 For this time I will send all My plagues upon your heart and upon your servants and your people, that you may recognize and know that there is none like Me in all the earth. For by now I could have put forth My hand and have struck you and your people with pestilence, and you would have been cut off from the earth. But for this very purpose have I let you live, that I might show you My power, and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth.
- Plague 8 Locusts Exodus 10:1-20 When Moses declares this plague the officials finally start to question WHY of their Pharaoh. Exodus 10:7 And Pharaoh's servants said to him, How long shall this man be a snare to us? Let the men go, that they may serve the Lord their God; do you not yet understand and know that Egypt is destroyed? Nothing green was left in all the land. Can you picture such devastation ?
- God declared His reasons for hardening the hearts of Pharaoh and the hearts of the officials: Exodus 10:1-2 ... so that I may do these miraculous signs of Mine among them, and so that you may tell your son and grandson how severely I dealt with the Egyptians and performed miraculous signs among them, and you will know that I am the LORD.
- Plague 9 Darkness Exodus 10:21-27 A darkness so invading it can be felt Exodus 10:21 ... there was thick darkness throughout the land of Egypt for three days. Exodus 10:22 The three days speaks to me of the three days that Jesus was in the grave.
For Further Reading: