January 30, 2012

30 - Guided by His strength


Picture Credit/Source Exodus 13 - 14
Chareen's Thoughts
  • Every first born from the womb is the LORD's. The Lord asks that every firstborn male is His Exodus 13:2 "Consecrate every first born male to Me, the firstborn from every womb among the Israelites, both man and animal; it is Mine."
  •  How interesting.  God asks that every year the first born animal must be sacrificed but every single first born son must be redeemed.  Why ? Because it is a token of remembrance of what He did in Egypt. He took the life of every first born son in Egypt but Israel His first born son He redeemed by passover.  It was a token of honour and remembrance to Him. Exodus 13:12-16  Every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem by [substituting for it] a lamb, or if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck; and every firstborn among your sons shall you redeem. And when, in time to come, your son asks you, What does this mean? You shall say to him, By strength of hand the Lord brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage and bondmen.   For when Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man and of livestock. Therefore I sacrifice to the Lord all the males that first open the womb; but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem
  • Exodus 13:19 Moses fulfilled Joseph's request Genesis 50:25 to have his remains removed from Egypt.
  • The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night never left its place in front of the people. Exodus 13:22 while reading this I was struck by the word never.  It never left it's place in front of the people. As I thought I longed for a security like that and was a little envious when I felt a nudge in my heart.  He has given me the Holy Spirit who never leaves my side.  He is with me always. John 14:26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
  • Exodus 13-14 Chronicles the events of the Israelites departure from Egypt and the crossing at the Red Sea.  I love the song the Israelites sang after the fact and this verse:
You will lead the people 
You have redeemed
with Your faithful love;
You will guide them 
to Your holy dwelling
with Your strength.
Blessings
Chareen

For Further Reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...