January 09, 2012

9 - Eternal perspective ??


Chareen's Thoughts: 

Today I am reading Job 24 - Job 30

Job 26:12 ... and by His understanding He crushed Rahab. This is the second time Rahab is mentioned in Job.  When I think of Rahab I think of the harlot who concealed the Jews in Joshua 2.  I wonder what they are talking about and why is she crushed ?  I see that the KJV translates the verse like this: ... and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud. Ah that makes sense.  Job is acknowledging the power of God even though he does not understand God's dealing with the wicked.

I love how Job describes that wisdom can not be found in the land of the living Job 28:13 this is so true. True wisdom is found in the knowledge of the Father and His way.  It is a gift from His hand. Job 28:23 But God understands the way to wisdom, and He knows its location. Job 28:27 He considered wisdom and evaluated it; He established it and examined it. Job 28:28 He said to mankind, "Look! The fear of the Lord- that is wisdom, and to turn from evil is understanding." Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. ...

Job 29 is eye opening of Jobs life before his oppression by Satan.  You begin to perceive a picture of the esteem he was held in. You can see he is a righteous man he gives the Lord the honour for all he had and did.

Job 30 amazes me how quickly people forget.  When I think about this it is just as true today as it was 6 500 years ago. We have had many great christian men and woman who have fallen and all they are remembered for are their disgrace not the good they did before.  I have been reminded about how the scriptures admonish us to love in the list 10 Ways to Love that I recently discovered. True love keeps no record of wrong. As I read this chapter I was convicted in my heart that I am like those who so quickly forgot about all the good that Job did. I am too quick to point a finger at where people are now but I do not know their hearts. Only the almighty knows.  Who am I to lay judgement ?

As I read Job I realise that without the insight of Satan being before God and asking to bring calamity I would be horrified by what has happened to this upright man.  I would be angry, confused and frustrated at God.
But I have a hope. Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. As I read these words in Romans I realise that my God is far more sovereign than I have let Him be.  He has a divine purpose and it is good because He is good.

I have been guilty of sprouting this verse off flippantly to those in distress.  As I have been reading Job today I have slowly become aware just how deeply Job was hurting.  What had he done ?  He was a righteous man, he actively sought to do good all the days of his life. He loved the Lord deeply and yet here he was despised and rejected even though every one knew how good he was.  These same people who now spat on him used to come to him for advice and support.  These very people now rejected and shunned him.

  My heart grieves for those I have hurt with passing comments.

Today I have learned that I need to be careful of how I judge the circumstances of people because I do not have the benefit of an Eternal Perspective. I can not see as God sees.   Their circumstances are not a reflection of their righteousness. I need to support and encourage and build up people in my words, actions and attitudes.

Blessings
Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...