January 05, 2012

5 - A man of perfect Integrity and the search for loyal friends


Chareen's Thoughts: 

Integrity an interesting word. It is defined as: The entire, unimpaired state of any thing, particularly of the mind; moral soundness or purity; incorruptness; uprightness; honesty. Integrity comprehends the whole moral character, but has a special reference to uprightness, Moral soundness; honesty; freedom from corrupting influence or motive;   Imagine being known as having perfect integrity ?  This is the description of Job he was complete; not defective and of unimpaired character. He was the greatest man among all the people of the east compared to Nimrod who was known as mighty.

Job 1:6 Once again we read about the sons of God coming before God accept this time they are there with Satan. Some versions call them angels and some sons of God.  I find this an interresting statement. Sons of God: plural will need to do some research to understand this better.

Job 1:21 ... The LORD gives, and the LORD takes away. Praise the name of the LORD. Wow what a response he praised the Lord.

You can see Job's uprightness that even when he is in the midst of the grief of losing his 10 children and all his wealth he still guided his wife. Job 2:10 he admonished her for her foolish speech and challenged her faith. The bible recognises that he did not sin in what he said.

Job 2 : 12 - 13 Jobs friends arrive and sit in silence with him for 7 days 24 hours around the clock. I wonder what they thought about.  They waited for Job to speak first.  Job was so ill they barely recognised him.

Job 4:3-4 We see that Job has the reputation of a man who strengthened and encouraged those who were weak. He was a teacher.

The character of God.
  • Job 5: 8-27 verse 9 Who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number
  • I was encouraged that I may appeal and present my case to God.(verse 8
  • I love how God is known for frustrating the schemes of the crafty and bringing an end to evil. (verse 12-14)
  • I see that correction from God brings joy. (verse 17
  • I read how my God strikes but brings healing, He is known as the redeemer from death.  (verse 18)
  • I love how He is known for keeping people safe from slander. (verse 21) and even if destruction comes from slander we are instructed not to fear it.
  • He protects from the thief (verse 24)
 Instruction to friends

A despairing man should receive loyalty from his friends, even if he abandons the fear of the Almighty. Job 6:14 I am pleased I saw this verse today.  It has spoken to me about being a loyal friend and not a judgmental critical friend. It speaks to me of support. I  have much to think about. As I continued in Chapter 6 I read about Job's appeal to his friends to remember him and who he is as that has not changed. He appeals to them to be his friend and not look for sin and error or point fingers.  He is low he needs encouragement not judgement.  As a friend I need to be encouraging and lifting up my friends.

How do you support and encourage your friends ?  How loyal are you ?

Blessings

Chareen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...