|Painted by William Brassey Hole. Exodus 5|
- Exodus 7:3 & Exodus 4:21 ... But I will harden his heart so that he won't let the people go This verse has often been a stumbling block of mine in the story of the Exodus of Israel. Why did the LORD choose to harden the heart of the king ? Because of this so many died.
- Exodus 4:23 I told you: Let My son go so that he may worship Me, but you refused to let him go. Now I will kill your first born son!" The Lord told Moses the end before he even got back to Egypt.
- Exodus 7:4 & Exodus 6:6 ... I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and great acts of judgement. Ah now I understand. The plagues are an act of judgement. He hardened the King's heart because it is an act of judgement against the land of Egypt.
- 1st Plague - Water into blood Exodus 7:14-25 Seven days passed. Blood everywhere. The stench must have been really bad. All the fish died. It must have been really difficult on the people of Egypt.
- 2nd Plague - Frogs Frogs Everywhere! Exodus 8:1-15
For Further Reading:
- Is there evidence that the Israelis once lived in Egypt ? over at Christian Answers.
- Plagues in Egypt over at Bible History.com
- Meanings of the Ten Plagues over at Bible History.com
- Lego construction of the Ten Plagues.
- Watch on YouTube
- One Year Bible Blog January 27th