January 06, 2012

6 - Job's anguish


Kathleen's thoughts
I can relate to these chapters in the Bible with my own life. When the trials become hard and you sick one is incline to be rather snappy and frustrated with life. With what Job is going through at the moment one can see in these chapters it must have been quite devastating and his nerves very fragile especially enduring the pain of having boils all over his body and oozing let alone the fever he had and in between all this he was in mourning for his family. So one can fully understand here his predicament that he is in. His friends were trying to comfort him with words of wisdom and in his state he could not take it on board. This is all very human but we do serve an awesome God. Job 12: 10 The life of every living thing is in His hand, as well as the breath of all mankind. God was looking after Job by sending him his friends to comfort him. Imagine sitting for 7 days and 7 nights and not saying a word, just them being there must have been a huge comfort. Prov. 18:24 A man with many friends may be harmed, but there is a friend who stays closer than a brother.
Verses I found interesting are...
Job 8: 17-18 his roots are intertwined around a pile of rocks. He looks for a home among the stones….If he is uprooted from his place, it will deny knowing him, saying, “I never saw you.”
I thought of this verse below when I read the above
Matthew 7:23 And then I will say to them, openly, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly. So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them will be like a sensible man who built his house upon the rock.
Job 9: 8 He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. I thought of this verse…Mark 6:48 And having seen that they were troubled and tormented in rowing, for the wind was against them, about the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea.
Job 9:30 If I wash myself with snow... I thought of Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool.
Job 9: 34 Let him take His rod away from me so His terror will no longer frighten me. Psalm 23:4 Your rod (to protect) and Your staff (to guide) they comfort me.
One of my many happy memories of Sunday school was the singing of the children hymns and one of them was Wide, wide as the ocean and when I read Job 11: 7-9 Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty?...They are higher than the heavens – what can you do? They are deeper than Sheol – what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. It brought back many memories of singing.
In closing today's reading we must remember this. The life of every living thing is in His hand, as well as the breath of all mankind. Job 12:10
Blessings
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...