January 09, 2012

9 - Job's integrity prevails

Kathleen's thoughts
Interesting read today from Job 24 -30 I was beginning to get quite exhausted from my read with Job until I opened the word today with heaps of encouragement and an insight to this man’s integrity. He sure was a man of honour. It also showed me that people have short memories when you do good and when destruction hits the home how people turn on you. When you need encouragement when you rock bottom in life these so called friends disappear and then go behind your back and condemn
It has shown me that words fitly spoken to someone who is struggling with life is it’s worth and works wonders. Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. It heals the broken hearted and bounds up their wounds.
It has also showed me that respect for another person is very important Job 29: 7-11. As a young person my parents were very strict and taught me to have manners and respect for my seniors. At school when a teacher or head walked into the classroom we all stood up and greeted them. Here you see in Job that the people respected him and stood up when he approached even the elderly. God wants us to respect others and speak words that are fitly.We need to ask ourselves on a daily basis “Do we?”
Job talks of wisdomJob 28: 28 He said to man kind, “Look! The fear of the Lord- that is wisdom, and to turn from evil is understanding.”
I love Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. One sees this saying in Job 29:3 When His lamp shone above my head, and I walked through darkenss by His light! This is proof that God is light even Job says it here we need to keep our life in the lightness of His love for His grace is new every morning and His faithfulness. Without this light we will have darkness and darkness is death in all ways.
In closing I have learnt about respect, wisdom, encouragement and God’s light and the Almighty will be your gold and your finest silver and the light will shine on your ways.
Blessings
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...