January 08, 2012

8 - The Almighty will be your gold and your finest silver.


Kathleen's thoughts
Decisions, decisions, decisions! Job here does not seem to find his feet and his dear friend Eliphaz tells Job to come to terms with God and be at peace and this way God will come to you. Job was extremely bitter and refuses to listen to reason and constantly putting obstacles in the way. Here I find that Job was leaning on his own understanding and we are told in the book of Proverbs not to lean on our own understanding.
God is telling us here in Job 22: 21-30 to listen to him. Receive instructions and obey them and keep them dear to your heart. We cannot do things on our own we will fall into destruction God says if you don’t listen my people will perish from lack of knowledge. God leads us He is our lamp to our feet and a light to our path… Job 22:25 The Almighty will be your gold and your finest silver. It reminds me of that scripture from Zechariah 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver if refined and will test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will hear and answer them. I will say, it is My people; and they will say, THE LORD IS MY GOD.
Blessings
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...