January 11, 2012

11 - Job restored

Job restored to prosperity by Laurent de la Hyre

After Job had prayed for his friends the LORD restored his prosperity and doubled his previous possessions.

Job lived 140 years after this and saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. Then Job died, old and full of days.


 Chareen's Thoughts
About the Lord
  • Job 37:5 God thunders marvelously with His voice
  • Job 37:5 ... He does great things that we cannot comprehend. Isaiah 55:8 'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.' This is the LORD'S declaration.I have really wrestled with wanting to understand God.  To know the why behind the happenings in my world, my struggles, my issues.  My mind knows these verses so well but my heart continues to strive to understand. This truth needs to penetrate to my heart and spirit.  I think this is key to me gaining a heart at peace.
  • Job 37:6-7 ...His mighty torrential rains, serve as His signature to all mankind, so that all men may know His work. This is an interesting way to look at torrential rainfall.
  • Job 37:10 Ice is formed by the breath of God, ...
Job 41 is an interesting description of Leviathan. Can you imagine walking the earth with this beautiful creature ?

Job 38 : 4 - 41 God Himself speaks of the things He does / did that we just accept as part of the world around us without giving half a thought as to who / what makes it happen.

At times reading Job felt like a chore but I am pleased that I took the time to think about it and read it slowly.  I saw things I had never noticed before.  Some days I dreaded reading more Job and interesting those are the days that I learned and grew the most.

Looking forward to tomorrow:  God Calls Abram !

Blessings my friends
Chareen

What others are saying about the book of Job:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...