January 01, 2012

1 - A Sign A Token to You

Chareen's Thoughts

One of my all time favourite bible verses is found in today's reading.

Genesis 1:14 AMP And God said Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and tokens [of God's provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days and years.

Think about it. When God laid the foundations of the universe, before He made people, He placed in the heavens above us tokens of His provident care for us. That has never changed.  No matter the time of day or night, no matter where on planet earth I am,  I can simply lift my eyes to heavens and there He has written to each one of us: "I care for You!" not only care but "I provide for you"  This verse makes my heart sore with pleasure at knowing He cares for me.

I have read Genesis many times before, I have taught it to my children and spent years at Sunday school going over the story of Creation.

Today for the first time I noticed this verse:  Genesis 2: 9 ... , including the tree of life in the midst of the garden, as well as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  There were two tree's not one.  I always pictured one special tree in the garden not two.

My second aha was that Adam and Eve were allowed to eat from the Tree of Life!

Look at Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree of the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die." There is no mention in this verse forbidding them to eat from the Tree of Life.

He cares for me.

I want to leave you with this stunning time lapse video below appreciating what the Lord made for us as a symbol of His love and care.

Blessings

Chareen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...