January 26, 2012

26 - the LORD creator of the deaf mute or blind

The Finding of Moses, by Lawrence Alma-Tadema [1904] (Public Domain Image)

Chareen's Thoughts:
  • Moses. I must confess this man is one of my favourite biblical heroes.  What a man he must have been to be allowed in the presence of the Almighty!
  • Exodus 1:8 A new king, who had not known Joseph, came to power in Egypt.  As I read this verse about this king I had the impression that he was an under educated monarch.  Why did he not know about such an important historical figure in the history of Egypt ?
  • Exodus 4:15 You will speak with him and tell him what to say. I will help both you and him to speak, and will teach you both what to do.  Think about it: God teaching.  He is ever patient and knows we need to be taught.  

One of my personal struggles is people being born deaf, blind or with some or other handicap.  I have always wrestled in my spirit because I can't reconcile this good God with bad things.  Then today in Genesis  4:11 I read this verse that stops me in my tracks:  The LORD said to him, "Who made the human mouth? Who makes him mute or deaf, seeing or blind? Is is it not I, the LORD?  He chooses to do so for His glory.  This amazing God who created EVERYTHING at times chooses to create things that are not perfect for His glory. 

What are your thoughts on this ?
Blessings
Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...