January 24, 2012

24 – Joseph reunited with his father and Provision instead of famine.


Kathleen’s thoughts
Genesis 43 – 48
Joseph is reunited with his brothers. I can imagine the delight in Joseph heart when he finally met his brothers and then his brother Benjamin. Imagine sending the brothers off with food knowing these are my brothers and they have not recognised him, and then having to wait another wee while for them to return for more food. It’s an amazing story.
It would have been a wonderful day when his father was finally able to see Joseph but I wonder if they ever told Jacob the truth in what they did. The forgiveness in Joseph’s heart is amazing and to have stayed true to the Lord living in Egypt must have been very hard, and yet his faith and love for God never left him.
Jacob went to live in Egypt and Joseph as per Pharaoh’s instruction gave them the best land and he supplied all their needs, what a blessing. The one thing I find very strange was Jacob only meeting Joseph’s sons near his death bed. Jacob lived in the land of Egypt for 17 years when he finally met them. Jacob blessed Joseph’s sons.
This I find interesting Ephraim was on Jacobs left and Manesseh was on Jacobs’s right but Israel stretched out his right hand and put it on the head of Ephraim the younger and crossing his hands, put his left on Manesseh’s head although Manesseh was the first born.
Joseph noticed this and told his father and Joseph said I know my son, I know! He too will become a tribe, and he too will be great nevertheless, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his offspring will become a populous nation” So he blessed them that way.
When Israel spoke He invoked blessings by you saying May God make you like Ephraim and Manessheh” putting Ephraim before Manesseh. If you go back to chapter 41 the meaning of their names Manesseh “God has made me forget all my hardship in my father’s house and Ephraim God has made me fruitful line the land of my affliction.
Jacob’s life span was 147 and He told Joseph not to bury him in Egypt and told him to bury him in his father’s place
Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...