October 08, 2012

281 - The authority of Jesus.

Kathleen's thoughts

Matthew 9: 9-17
Mark 2: 13-22
Luke 5: 27-39
John  5: 1-47

Jesus calls Matthew He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office, and He said to him, "Follow Me!" So he got up and followed Him.

The question about fasting Then John's disciples came to him, saying, "Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?"
Jesus said to them, "Can the wedding guests be sad while the groom is with them? The days will come when the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.

The healing at the pool Get up, "Jesus told him, "Pick up your bedroll and walk!" Instantly the man got well, picked up his bedroll, and started to walk. Now that day was the Sabbath.

The Jews displeasure
Jesus' response Then Jesus replied, "I assure you: The Son is not able to do anything on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing, For whatever the Father does, the Son also does these things in the same way. For the Father loves the Son and shows Him everything He is doing, and He will show Him greater works than these so that you will be amazed. And just as the Father raises the dead and give them life, so the Son also gives life to anyone He wants to. The Father, in fact, judges  o one but has given all judgment to the Son, so that all people will honour the Son just as they honour the Father. Anyone who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who sent Him.

Jesus speaks of His authority I assure you; Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgement but has passed from death to life.

Jesus witnesses I can do nothing on my own, I judge only as I her, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

I don't receive man's testimony, but I say these things so that you may be saved. John was a burning and shining lamp, and for time you were willing to enjoy his light.

For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, because he wrote about Me. But if you don't believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Because by Him everything was created, in heaven and on earth. the visible and the invisible. whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him, He is before all things, and by Him all things hold together. Col 1: 16-17

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...