|Joshua's Tomb at Kifi Hares |
Palestinian town in the northern West Bank
- Joshua was getting older and summoned the people for a meeting where he encouraged the people to be strong and continue to obey all that is written in the book of the law.
- He warned the people to diligent to love the LORD for their own well being. He warned them of the consequences of not doing so.
- He reminded them of the benefits of worshiping and loving the Lord and encourages them to renew their covenant with the LORD.
- And the people served the Lord all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the Lord which He did for Israel. Judges 2:7
- Joshua died at the age of 110.
- Joseph's bones were laid to rest at Shechem.
- The tribes of Judah and Simeon battle the inhabitants of the land and drove them out.
- The house of Joseph also attacked Bethel and kept their word and spared the man who showed them where Bethel was. This man built the town of Luz.
- But the Lord raised up judges, who delivered them out of the hands of those who robbed them.
- When the Judge was alive they followed the Lord but when he died they followed the gods of the land.
- The Israelites did not drive out the foreigners but married their daughters and turned their hearts to worship foreign gods so the Lord sold them to the king of Aram and they were slaves there for eight years.
- Othniel was the first Judge appointed by the Lord and he saved Israel.