- The Israelites were handed very detailed and specific law pertaining to accidental death and murder.
- Before the people even entered the Land of Promise Moses designated three cities of refuge. How good it is to know that God is our refuge and strength that we can hide in Him.
- More law is given pertaining murder and three more cities of refuge.
- The laws pertaining the inheritance of land are clarrified to the people.
- Before Moses dies he spends time recapping the history of Israel and encourages them to walk a life of obedience before their Lord God.
Therefore take good heed to yourselves, since you saw no form of Him on the day the Lord spoke to you on Horeb out of the midst of the fire, Beware lest you become corrupt by making for yourselves [to worship] a graven image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, or of any winged fowl that flies in the air, The likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, or of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth. And beware lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and when you see the sun, moon, and stars, even all the host of the heavens, you be drawn away and worship them and serve them, things which the Lord your God has allotted to all nations under the whole heaven.Deut 4:15-19
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.Deut 4:9
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24
God gave the Israelites cities of refuge but God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
May you be blessed today as I have been in knowing how great our God is.