- Today's reading started with a recap of the first allotment of land which was parceled out to the tribes of: Reuben, Gad and half the tribe of Mannasseh.
- Before the Israelites crossed the Jorday the Lord gave them specific instructions about destroying ALL the idols and demolishing the high places (these are the temples etc) in their new land. They were to drive out of the land all the tribes the Lord told them to and take full possession of the land. The land was to be divided by lot and the size decided by the size of the tribe inheriting the land.
- And I commanded Joshua at that time, saying, Your own eyes have seen all that the Lord your God has done to these two kings [Sihon and Og]; so shall the Lord do to all the kingdoms into which you are going over [the Jordan]. You shall not fear them, for the Lord your God shall fight for you. Deuteronomy 3:21-22
- Oh how my heart grieved as I read about Moses pleading with God to see the promised land. My heart is comforted in knowing that Moses saw the fulfillment of the Messaih and stood in the promised land with the Lord.
- God told Moses to go to the top of Pisgah and look out over the land and commision Joshua to take his place.
- The Lord gave the Israelites specific boundries to the land that He was giving them as an inheritance.
- The Lord is the one who chose the men to divide the land among the tribes of Israel.
- The Levites did not inherit land because the Lord was their portion, however the Lord did promise them cities to live in.