24; 5 When a man takes a bride, he must not go out with the army or be liable for any duty. He is free to stay at home for one year, so that he can bring joy to the wife he has married.
24; 14 22 God looks after the poor. These instructions should be kept today as well but instead if you walk onto another property after the harvest you get thrown into jail and condemned.
26; 1-11 God instructs our first fruit offerings.
26; 12 an instructions to look after the Levite, the foreign resident, the fatherless, and the widow so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied,.
27; 9 Moses and the Levitical priests spoke to all Israel, Be silent, Israel and listen! This day you have become the people of the Lord your God. 10) Obey at he Lord your God and follow His commands and statutes I am giving you today.
The curses to be pronounced.
These are very serious curses and I suggest you do read them.
Deut 27; 15 - 26
26 Cursed is anyone who does not put the words of this law into practice. and all the people will say amen!
But the blessings are there too
Deuteronomy 28 1-14.
Now if you faithfully obey the Lord your God and are careful to follow all His commands I am giving you toady, the Lord your God will put you far above all the nations of the earth. All these blessings will come and overtake you, because you obey the Lord your God.
3. You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
4. Your descendants will be blessed and your soil's produce, and the offspring of your livestock including the young of your herds and the newborn of your flocks.
5. Your basket and kneading bowl will be blessed.
6. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out..
7 The Lord will cause the enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you. They will march out against you from one direction but flee from you in seven directions.
8. The Lord will grant you a blessing on your storehouses and on everything you do. He will bless you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
9. The Lord will establish you as His holy people, as He swore to you., if you obey the commands of the Lord your God and walk in His ways.
11 The Lord will make you prosper abundantly with children, the offspring o your livestock, and your soils produce in the land the Lord swore to your fathers to give you.
12. The Lord will open for you His abundant storehouse , the sky, to give your land rain in its season and to bless all the work of your hands, You will lend to many nations, but you will not borrow.
13. The lord will make you the head and not the tail; you will only move upward and never downward if you listen to the Lord your God's commands I am giving you today and are careful to follow them.
Look today I set before you a blessing and a curse; there will be a blessing, if you obey the commands of the Lord your God;;; and a curse, if you do not obey the commands of the Lord your God.