March 15, 2012

75 - Moses goes to be with the Lord

Kathleen's thoughts


Deuteronomy 32: 19-43. Moses continues to recite the words of this song to the entire assembly of Israel this containing the judgement of sins and God's deliverance. 35... Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay In time their foot will slip for their day of disaster is near and their doom is coming quickly. 36...The Lord will indeed vindicate His people and have compassion on His servants when He sees that their strength is gone... 39. See now that I alone am He; there is no God but Me. I bring death and I give life; I wound and I heal. No one can rescue anyone from My hand...40. I raise My hand to heaven and declare; As surely as I live forever.

Deuteronomy 33 is Moses final words to the 12 tribes of Israel it was a blessing...Verse 1. This is the blessing that Moses, the man of God, gave the Israelites before his death. And so Moses spoke his blessings over them.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty...
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God; in him will I trust...
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence...
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust; his truth shall be thy shield and buckler...
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;...
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday...
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come night thee...
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked...
Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;...
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling...
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways...
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone...
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet...Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known my name...
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him...
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Beautiful promise from our Heavenly Father. Amen.

Deuteronomy 34: 5-7 And so Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, as the Lord had said...He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab facing Beth-peor, and no one to this day knows where his grave is. Moses was 120 years old hen he died; his eyes were not weak, and his vitality had not left him.
This was a man after God's own heart, a man that served the Lord faithfully to the very end, a man with high standards of living who walked in faith and trusted the Lord with his footsteps right to the very end of his days until he came face to face in glory with Him.
It's been a beautiful journey with Moses and the Israelites and a lot learnt! Looking forward to the next journey with Joshua.


Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...