|Moses annoints Joshua before the assembly|
- He reminds Israel that WHEN they turn back to the Lord love and follow Him then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion upon you and will gather you again from all the nations where He has scattered you. Deut 30:3-4 There is ALWAYS a blessing to be had when we follow the ways of our Lord.
- And the Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with all your being, that you may live. Deuteronomy 30:6
- And the Lord your God will make you abundantly prosperous in every work of your hand, in the fruit of your body, of your cattle, of your land, for good; for the Lord will again delight in prospering you, as He took delight in your fathers, If you obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, and if you turn to the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with all your being. Deuteronomy 30:9-10
- [If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which] I command you today, to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land into which you go to possess.Deuteronomy 30:16
- And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days,... Deuteronomy 30:20
- Moses asked the Lord for a new shepherd to lead the people and the Lord appointed Joshua to lead and the High Priest to be the go between Joshua and the Lord. Numbers 27:15-23
- And Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong, courageous, and firm, for you shall go with this people into the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to possess it. It is the Lord Who goes before you; He will [march] with you; He will not fail you or let you go or forsake you; [let there be no cowardice or flinching, but] fear not, neither become broken [in spirit--depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm] Deuteronomy 31:7-8
- Moses then wrote down the final law and gave it to the priests. The Lord prophesied the apostasy of the people when they entered the new land.
- Moses wrote and read a song to the assembly before the Lord.
3For I will proclaim the name [and presence] of the Lord. Concede and ascribe greatness to our God.4He is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are law and justice. A God of faithfulness without breach or deviation, just and right is He. Deuteronomy 32:3-4