|Ruth and Boaz|
- Today continues the story of Ruth.
- Ruth goes to glean food in Boaz's fields.
- Boaz gives her his blessing and instructs her to glean in his fields. He tells his harvesters to look after her and feed her.
- As was their custom Boaz was the family redeemer and Naomi encouraged Ruth to stay with the woman in Boaz's fields for protection.
- Naomi instructed Ruth to go to Boaz after the winnowing of barley. She did as Naomi said and Boaz acknowledges his duty to her as redeemer.
- Boaz spoke to the family redeemer at the gate who refuses his inheritance at the city gates.
- Boaz redeemed Naomi and Ruth and married Ruth.
- The Lord blessed Ruth with Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David [the ancestor of Jesus Christ]. Ruth 4:17.
- During this time the Lord anointed and appointed Deborah and Barak as the fourth and fith judges of Israel.
- Barak was a man of fear too and would not go as the Lord said unless Deborah went with him. She warned him that because of this he would receive no honour for the Lord would deliver Sisera into a woman's hand.
- Sisera was defeated ...all the army of Sisera fell by the sword; not a man was left. Judges4:16
|A Triumphant Love Story.|