|by P Calderon CA1800|
- Israel is at war. Many from the tribe of Benjamin have died. It took months before they gained a victory but it cost them dearly.
- The tribe of Benjamin has been desecrated. There is great mourning and heartache. There is however a remnant. The remnant are given Jabeshgilead to live in and wives from Shiloh and virgins from Jabeh-gilead.
- After Ehud, Shamgar became the Judge of Israel and deliver them from the Philistines.
- Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord and were then sold into the hand of Jabin.
- Today begins the journey of Ruth and Naomi. Two woman on a journey to become the mother of the grandfather of King David from whom the Messiah was born.
- Elimalech has left Israel to try and find something better because of the famine in the land.
- He has two sons who marry moabite woman. Him and his two sons both die. Ruth is left with her two daughters in law in a foreign land and no husband.
- She decides to go home to Israel. At first both daughters in law follow but eventually she persuades Orpah to go home but Ruth is determined to support and stay with Naomi.
- Naomi returned home bitter and empty. They arrived back in Bethlehem at the beginning of the barley harvest.
I begin to realise that when all seems lost He is quietly working His good plan for us.
Available to purchase from: Amazon, Koorong, Word and Fishpond.