by Rembrandt 1626
Israelites, Gods chosen people. God protects and cares for us no matter what. One can see here in these scriptures today of Balak's sly ways of wanting to destroy Israel while they were in camp.
What I find interesting here is...
- 3 times Balak son of Zippor was Moabs king at that time, sent his men to convince Balaam to put a curse on Israel.
- 3 times Balaam struck the donkey because it did not follow his commands
- 3 times Balak tempted Balaam to curse Israel from 3 different points looking down at Israel.
Look at the New testament.
Jesus was tempted 3 times in the wilderness also looking down at all the things Satan promised him and the last one Jesus was looking over the world and Israel
- And He said I tell you Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before you shall three times deny that you know me. Luke 22:34
- Jesus arose on the 3rd day
- The donkey talks after 3 strikes
- The cock crows after Peter denies Christ 3 times
Error of Balaam this is a interesting read.
One of the other things I noticed is God meets with Balaam and talk's with him.
Numbers 23: 19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent; hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (KJ)
Spoken over Israel
Numbers 24: 9
He couched, he lay down as a lion, and as a great lion; who stir him up? Blessed is he that blesseth thee, and cursed is he that curseth thee.