|Stoning of Achan Joshua 7:25|
- Joshua does as the Lord instructed him and Achan is found out. He confesses and he and his whole family are stoned, burned and buried by the Israelite community.
- The Lord encourages Joshua and instructs him to go and take Ai.
- Joshua and the people do as the Lord has commanded and destroy Ai.
- Joshua and Israel built an altar of uncut stones at Mount Ebal and Joshua read the entire law to the congregation.
- During this time the kings had heard of what had happened and formed an alliance to fight Joshua.
- The Gibeonites act deceptively and dress as though they have come from a very far land and apply for a treaty with Israel. After they left Israel realised they had been deceived and pursued them but could not destroy the four cities because of their oath before the Lord so they were condemned to be slaves for the house of Israel. (wood cutters and water bearers.)
I wonder just how many troubles I could have avoided by consulting the Lord about ALL things ?
Have you consulted the Lord today ?