July 08, 2012

190 - You have cast all my sins behind Your back

Chareen's Thoughts
Stairway of Ahaz
  • Hezekiah became terminally ill.  Isaiah instructed him to get his affairs in order for his time will be soon.  Hezekiah cries out to the Lord who hears him and heals him.  He also blesses Hezekiah with an extra 15 years of life.  As a sign the Lord makes the shadow of the sun go back 10 steps.
  • Hezekiah is thankful. Isaiah 38:15 But what can I say? For He has both spoken to me and He Himself has done it. I must go softly [as in solemn procession] all my years and my sleep has fled because of the bitterness of my soul. This verse touched me.
  • Isaiah brings words of hope and comfort. 
  • We read the prophesies of John the Baptist and Jesus {Isaiah 40:3 & Mark 1:3, Isaiah 40:5 & Luke 3:5-6, Isaiah 40:8 & James 1:10, Isaiah 40:9 & Acts 10:36}
  • Isaiah expounds on God's Care and Protection.
  • He tells us of how Incomparable God is. Lift up your eyes on high and see! Who has created these? He Who brings out their host by number and calls them all by name; through the greatness of His might and because He is strong in power, not one is missing or lacks anything. Isaiah 40:26
  • God reassures His people and makes a promise to Israel.
  • Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding. Isaiah 40:28
  • He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted; But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. Isaiah 40:29-31 
  • Who has prepared and done this, calling forth and guiding the destinies of the generations [of the nations] from the beginning? I, the Lord—the first [existing before history began] and with the last [an ever-present, unchanging God]—I am He. Isaiah 41:4 
  • For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! Isaiah 41:13 
  •  Isaiah finishes up today with the Lord's challenge to bring your case and your arguments.
I have really enjoyed reading today's word.
Blessings
Chareen

Behold, it was for my peace that I had intense bitterness; but You have loved back my life from the pit of corruption and nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back. Isaiah 38:17 The living, the living—they shall thank and praise You, as I do this day; the father shall make known to the children Your faithfulness and Your truth. Isaiah 38:19
 
On the www
He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. Isaiah 40:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...