- Behold my Servant, Whom I uphold, My elect in Whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice and right and reveal truth to the nations. Isaiah 42:1 fulfilled in Matt. 3:16, 17.
- I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8
- Isaiah continues to speak about Israel the Lord's servant, a song of praise and His promise of help. He expresses frustration over Israel's failure to learn.
- The Lord promises to rescue Israel and speaks about Israel being His witness. They will escape Babylon.
- But now [in spite of past judgments for Israel’s sins], thus says the Lord, He Who created you, O Jacob, and He Who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you [ransomed you by paying a price instead of leaving you captives]; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. Isaiah 43:1
- Isaiah speaks about Israels sin of idolotry, declares there is only ONE God, and declares the Creator and Saviour.
Blessed be the Lord our God
Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19