- Hosea continues to speak about Israel. He begs Israel to repent and turn from her sin.
- Take with you words and return to the Lord. Say to Him, Take away all our iniquity; accept what is good and receive us graciously; so will we render [our thanks] as bullocks [to be sacrificed] and pay the confession of our lips. Hosea 14:2
- He declares Israels restoration and healing.
- Israel was taken captive by Samaria because of their sin.
- They despised and rejected His statutes and His covenant which He made with their fathers and His warnings to them, and they followed vanity (false gods—falsehood, emptiness, and futility) and [they themselves and their prayers] became false (empty and futile). They went after the heathen round about them, of whom the Lord had charged them that they should not do as they did. 2 Kings 17:15
- Psalm 80 is a prayer for restoration.
- Restore us, O Lord God of hosts; cause Your face to shine [in pleasure, approval, and favor on us], and we shall be saved! Psalms 80:19
- Isaiah has a vision of Babylons Fall.
Who is wise, that he may understand these things? Prudent, that he may know them? For the ways of the Lord are right and the [uncompromisingly] just shall walk in them, but transgressors shall stumble and fall in them. Hosea 14:9Blessings