July 26, 2012

204 - The fall of Nineveh.

Kathleen's thoughts

2 Chronicles 34: 1-7
2 Kings 22: 1-2, 23: 25
Nahum 1: 1-15, 2: 1-19
Jeremiah 1: 1-19

Josiah's godly character... He was eight years old when he became king; he reigned 31 years in Jerusalem. He did what was right in the Lord's sight and walked in the ways of his ancestors David; he did not turn aside to the right or the left.
What a young age to take on the responsibilities of a king. His mothers name was Jedidah the daughter of Adaiah, she was from Bozkath.
THIS I FIND INTERESTING READ!! Before him there was NO king like him who turned to the Lord with all his mind and with all his heart and with all his strength according to all the law of Moses, and no one like him arose after him. 2 Kings 23:25

God's justice and power - Nahum the Elkoshite...
Nahum 1:3 The Lord is slow to anger but great in power; the Lord will never leave the guilty unpunished.
1:7 The Lord is good a stronghold in a day of distress, He cares for those who take refuge in Him.

The Assyrians overthrown... Nahum1: 15 Look to the mountains the feet of one bringing good news and proclaiming peace!


Nineveh's destruction foretold
The cause
The fall of Nineveh

Josiah's early reforms Josiah destroys all the evilness in the cities and throughout the land of Israel and returned to Jerusalem. and this was done in his youth in the 8th year of reign.

Jeremiah's ministry begins 628BC.

Jeremiah's call and early vision...The words of Jeremiah, the son of Hilkiah, one of the priests living in Anathouth in the territory of Benjamin.
The word of the Lord came to him in the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son Amon, king of Judah.

Jeremiah 1: 5 I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.
Then Jeremiah protested, Oh no, Lord God! Look, I don't know how to speak since I am only a youth.
Then the Lord spoke to him.
Do not say; I am only a youth, for you will go to everyone I send you to and speak whatever I tell you. Do not be afraid of anyone, for I will be with you to deliver you. This is the Lord's declaration.

Then the Lord reached out His hand, touched my mouth, and told me;
Look I have filled your mouth with My words. See, today I have set you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and demolish, to build and plant.

God here tells us to stand firm for He is our refuge we need to turn to Him and in all ways acknowledge him and He will direct our paths.

Blessings for a beautiful day today.
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...