Isaiah 53: 1-12, 54: 1-17, 55: 1-13, 56: 1-12, 57: 1-21
- Christ the sin bearer
- The Lord's never-ending love
- The Future Jerusalem
- God's offer of mercy
- God's worldwide invitation
- Israel's leaders condemned
- Israel's idolatry condemned.
- God's promise of help and healing.
What more can I say about this reading that it explains the wonders of prophecy. The beauty of Christ and the explanation of this wonderful love He had for us to die on the cross for our sins. The verses that stuck out was the description of Christ.
53: 2 For (The Servant of God) grew up before Him like a tender plant, and like a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness (royal,kingly pomp) that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him.
3. He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him
4. Surely He has borne our grief's and carried our sorrows and pains considered Him stricken smitten and afflicted by God.
5. But He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement peace and well-be-ing for us was upon Him, and with the stripes that wounded Him we are healed and made whole.
54: 5 For your Maker is your Husband - the Lord of hosts is His name - and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; the God of the whole earth He is called.
17. But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , this is the righteousness or the vindications which they obtain from Me says the Lord.
55: 6 Seek inquire for, and require the Lord while He may be found; call upon HIm while He is near.
8. For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and MY thoughts than your thoughts.
56: 7 this is also found in Matthew 21:13. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on My altar; FOR MY HOUSE WILL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL PEOPLES.
I have heard many people say that God's house is just a building and it does not matter what you do in it and when I walk into a Church that has been turned it into a place for fete's and various other things I always get the chills and remember this scripture. For my house will be called a house of prayer. Jesus respected God's house and covered His head with a prayer shawl.
It's not just a building it is a house of prayer and worship. A place were the lost can go when they need comfort and help. When they see this building it represents Christ a place where hope can be found. Hope in Christ. Christ is light and the word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
I can always remember as a wee girl we were taught to respect God's house. We use to walk into the church and sit quietly and I use to look around and you would see peoples heads bowed down in prayer and those you can see just sitting there taking in God's peace. Today you walk into God's house and you have people shouting from one end of the room to the other kids jumping on chairs and it's just a noise. I don't see any kind of respect for the house of prayer.
New age is it?? It's a thought next time you walk into God's house.
Blessings for those who come to this page and may Christ be the light of your life and bring you peace.
Love to you and your precious families.