July 30, 2012

211 - The sign of the yoke.

Kathleen's thoughts

Jeremiah 12: 1 - 17, 22: 10-12, 26:1-7, 27: 1-11
2 Kings 23: 28-37,
2 Chronicles 35: 20-27, 36: 1-5

Jeremiah's questions and God's answer
The Lord's sorrow 


BABYLON: THE WORLD POWER 612-539 BC


The Lord's promise...This is what the Lord says; concerning all My evil neighbours who attack the inheritance that I bequeathed to My people, Israel, I am about to uproot them from their land, and I will uproot the house of Judah from among them. After I have uprooted them, I will once again have compassion on them and return each one to his inheritance and to his land. If they will diligently learn the ways of My people to swear by My name, As the Lord lives, just as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up among My people, However, if they will not obey, then I will uproot and destroy that nation. This is the Lord's declaration.

Josiah slain...During his reign, Pharaoh Neco king of Egypt marched up to the king of Assyria at the Euphrates river. King Josiah went to confront him, and at Megiddo when Neco saw him he killed him. From Megiddo his servant carried his dead body in a chariot, brought him into Jerusalem, and buried him in his own tomb. Then the common people took Jehoahaz son of Josiah, anointed him and made him king in place of his father.

Lamentation for Josiah


Jehoahaz's evil life... he was 23 years old when he became king. he reigned three months in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Hamutal daughter of Jeremiah; she was from Libnah. He did what was evil in the Lord's sight.

Judah pays tribute


Jehoahaz's death...Then Pharaoh Neco made Eliakim son of Josiah king in place of his father Josiah and changed Eliakim's name to Jehoiakim. But Neco took Jehoahaz and went to Egypt, and he died there.

Jehoiakim make king... he was 25 years old when he became king; he reigned 11 years in Jerusalem. He did what was evil in the sight of the Lord his God.

The sign of the yoke...
Jeremiah in the Temple court....Jeremiah speaks in the temple court...This is what the Lord says; If you do not listen to Me by living according to My law that I set before you and by listening to the words of My servants the prophets I have been sending you time and time again, thought you did not listen, I will make this temple like Shiloh. I will make this city an object of cursing for all the nations of the earth. The priests, the prophets, and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the temple of the Lord,.


We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God; those who are called according to His purpose Romans 8: 28


Blessings
Kathleen and do have a wonderful week in the Lords word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...