- The proud looks of man shall be brought low, and the haughtiness of men shall be humbled; and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11
- Today we continue in Isaiah starting with the Lord's judgement on Babylon. The Lord will destroy Babylon.
- And I, the Lord, will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their guilt and iniquity; I will cause the arrogance of the proud to cease and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible and the boasting of the violent and ruthless. Isaiah 13:11
- Isaiah speaks about the judgement of the world.This verse was of particular interest to me: The land and the earth also are defiled by their inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, disregarded the statutes, and broken the everlasting covenant. Isaiah 24:5. It made me think about the frustration I feel when I see a city or place in disrepair and wonder why.
- Isaiah praises the Lord for all He is and all He has accomplished. verse 8 He will swallow up death [in victory; He will abolish death forever]. And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; and the reproach of His people He will take away from off all the earth; for the Lord has spoken it.