- Isaiah has visions of the judgement of the nations.
- Then in mercy and loving-kindness shall a throne be established, and [a] One shall sit upon it in truth and faithfulness in the tent of David, judging and seeking justice and being swift to do righteousness.(A). Isaiah 16:5
- In my Expedition Earth studies with Sir N I recently discovered that Egypt has the highest Muslim population in the world. Today in Isaiah 19:16-25 I read that Egypt will worship the Lord.
- In that day there will be five cities in the land of Egypt that speak the language of [the Hebrews of] Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord of hosts. One of them will be called the City of the Sun or Destruction. Isaiah 19:18
- In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border. Isaiah 19:19
- And the Lord will make Himself known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know (have knowledge of, be acquainted with, give heed to, and cherish) the Lord in that day and will worship with sacrifices of animal and vegetable offerings; they will vow a vow to the Lord and perform it. Isaiah 19:21
- 24 In that day Israel shall be the third, with Egypt and with Assyria [in a Messianic league], a blessing in the midst of the earth, 25 Whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria the work of My hands and Israel My heritage. Isaiah 19:24-25
“Give us counsel, render a decision. Make your shadow like night— at high noon. Hide the fugitives, do not betray the refugees. Isaiah 16:3 This verse impacted me today. I have in days past wondered how to deal with the question of lying to authorities when hiding someone. Such as in the time of the second World War and hiding the Jews. A lie is a lie and the Ten Commandments do not make provision for this. Today I have my answer.
Today's reading have been rather eye opening and startling. Wow Egypt you will be in a Messianic League! Amazing. You along with Assyria. I stand in awe of His plan and goodness.