May 30, 2012

149 - Solomon backslides

Kathleen's thoughts

Proverbs 29,30
1 Kings 11: 1-40
Proverbs
29: 1-27 More wise words
30: 1-6 The words of Agur
30: 7-9 The way of moderation
30: 10-33 More proverbs

1 Kings 11: 14 The Lord raised up Hadad the Edomite as an enemy against Solomon He was of the royal family in Edom.

1 Kings 11; 23-25 God raised up Rezon son of  Eliada as an enemy against Solomon.

1 Kings 11: 26-40 Jeroboam rebelled against Solomon.

Because Solomon sinned against the Lord worshipping and building idols for his wives.
Ahijah the prophet who was a Shilonite met Jeroboam on the road as Jeroboam was came out of Jerusalem. And he prophesied over Jeroboam and told him what will happen to Solomon because of his sin against the Lord and this is what he told Jeroboam.
I will not take the whole kingdom from his hand but will  let him be ruler all the days of his life because of My servant David, whom I chose and who kept My commandments and My statutes. I will take 10 tribes of the kingdom from his son's hand and give them to you. I will give one tribe to his son , so that My servant David will always have a lamp before Me in Jerusalem, the city I chose for Myself to put My name there. I will appoint you, and you will reign  as king over all you want, and you will be king over Israel.
So Solomon tried to kill Jeroboam, but he fled to Egypt, to Shishak king of Egypt, where he remained until Solomon's death.

Then Solomon wrote the unhappy condition of backsliders in Ecclesiastes.

Blessings
Kathleen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...