May 03, 2012

124 - Absalom is slain.

Kathleen's thoughts

Psalm 40: 13-17, 69: 1-36, 70: 1-5,120: 1-7, 121:1-8
121... I raise my eyes toward the mountains where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip your Protector will not slumber. Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side. The sun will not strike you by day, or the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life. The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.

2 Samuel 18: 1-18 In this chapter I could see David standing at the gate as his soldiers marched through them to pursue Absalom and I can hear the anguish in Davids voice. "Treat the young man Absalom gently for my sake" A fathers cry for his son, How sad is that, a broken man but he had no option but to defend Israel because he was anointed to do so.
There were a lot of causalities that day 20,000
Absalom was riding on a donkey when he happened to meet David's soldiers. When the mule went under the tangled branches of a large oak tree Absaom's head got caught in the tree but the mule under him kept on walking so he was suspended in midair. One of the men saw Absalom and told Joab - Joab gets angry with this man and wanting to know why he did not kill him and the mans reply was " I would not raise my hand  against the king's son for we heard the kings command to you. Job got angry and ended up spearing Absalom 3 times into his heart. Then Joab blew the rams horn.
They took Absalom and threw him into a large pit in the forest piled stones and left.

Blessings
Kathleen.
For when I am weak then I am strong. 2 Cor: 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...