May 24, 2012

143 - Going through the book of Proverbs.

Kathleen's thoughts

Proverbs: 1 - 6
These chapters talk on
Virtue of wisdom
Rewards of wisdom
Trusting God's wisdom
Benefits of wisdom
Warning against adultery
Caution about putting up security
Warning against laziness
Things God hates.

I love the book of Proverbs. It's a book where wisdom prevails and understanding of how God wants the path you walk in to be guided by His word.
Especially in Proverbs 4...Listen my sons, to a fathers discipline and pay attention so that you may gain understanding, for I am giving you good instruction. Don't abandon my teaching. When I was a son with my father, tender and precious to my mother, he taught me and said; Your heart must hold on to my words. Keep my commands and live. Get wisdom, get understanding; don't forget or turn away from the words of my mouth. Don't abandon wisdom, and she will watch over you; lover her, and she will guard you. Wisdom is supreme - so get wisdom. And whatever else you get, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you if you embrace her, she will honour you. She will place a garland of grace on your head; she will give you a crown of beauty. Listen my son, Accept my words, and you will live many years. I am teaching you the way of wisdom; I am
guiding you on straight paths.

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle compliant, full of mercy and good,fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...