August 08, 2012

220 - Good and bad figs

Kathleen's thoughts

Jeremiah 23: 1-40, 24: 1-10, 27: 12-22, 29: 1-19

Faithful shepherds rebuked...Who to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture! This is the Lord's declaration.
Therefore, this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says about the shepherds who shepherd My people. You have scattered My flock, banished them, and have not attended to them. I will attend to you because of your evil acts - the Lord's declaration. I will gather the remnant of My flock from all the lands where I have banished them, and I will return them to their grazing land. They will become fruitful and numerous. I will raise up shepherds over them who will shepherd them. They will o longer be afraid or dismayed, nor will any be missing.
This is the Lord's declaration.

Israel's future restoration. The Lord is Our Righteousness. The days are coming the Lord's declaration - when it will no longer be said: As the Lord lives who brought the Israelites from the land of Egypt, but As the Lord lives, who brought and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the land of the north and from all the other countries where I had banished them. They will dwell once more in their own land.

Message to prophet To stop lying that they are prophesying in the Lords name when it's not from the Lord.

The Lord's burden

Two baskets of figs Good figs and bad figs - explaining that good figs are like people who do what is right in the Lords sight and the bad figs are those who do what is evil in the Lord's sight.

Jeremiah's advice to Zedekiah This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel says about the articles that remain in the temple of the Lord, in the palace of the king of Judah, and in Jerusalem; They will be brought to Babylon and will remain there until I attend to them again. This is the Lord's declaration. Then I will bring them up and restore them to this place.

Jeremiah's letter to the exiles For this is what the Lord says. For i know the plans I have for you - this is the Lord's declaration - plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I wail listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you - The Lord's declaration - and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and places where I banished you - The Lord's declaration. I will restore you to the place I deported you from.

Message to those who remained. Because you have refused to obey the Lord  this is what the Lord will do "I will send against them sword, famine, and plague and will make them like rotten figs that are inedible because they are so bad. I will pursue them with sword, famine and plague.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...