August 12, 2012

224 - Ezekiel's second vision.

Kathleen's thoughts

Ezekiel 7: 1-27,8: 1-18, 9: 1-11, 10: 1- 15

The desolation of the land And the word of the Lord came to me; Son of man, this is what the Lord God says to the land of Israel;
An end! The end has come on the four corners of the land.
The end i s now on you; I will send My anger against you and judge you according to your ways
I will punish you for all your abominations
I will not look on you with pity or spare you, but I will punish you for your ways and for your abominations within you.
Then you will know that I am the Lord.

The distress of the few
The captivity
Idolatry in Jerusalem In the sixth year, in the sixth month on the fifth day of the month, I was sitting in my house ad  the elders of Judah were sitting in front of me, and there the hand of the Lord God came down on me. I looked and there was a form that had the appearance of a man. From what seemed to be His waist down was fire, and from His waist up was something that looked bright, like the gleam of amber. He stretched out what appeared to be a hand and took me by the hair of my head. Then the Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and carried me in visions of God to Jerusalem. to the entrance of the inner gate that faces north. where the offensive statue that provoked jealousy was located. I saw the glory of the God of Israel there, like the vision I had seen in the plain.

The hole in the wall Son of man Go in and see the terrible abominations they are committing here. I went in and looked, and there engraved all around the wall was every form of detestable thing, crawling creatures and beasts, as well as all the idols of the house of Israel.

Seventy elders from the house of Israel were standing before the, with Jaazaniah son of Shaphan standing among them each had an incense burner in his hand, and a fragrant cloud of incense was rising up.

Then He said to me "Son of Man, do you see what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness., each at the shrine of his idol/ for they are saying; The Lord does not see us. The Lord has abandoned the land.

Mourning for Tammuz
The sun worshippers God shows Ezekiel a greater abomination.
So He brought me to the inner court of the Lord's house, and there were about 25 men at the entrance of the Lord's temple, between the portico and the altar, with their backs to the Lords temple and their faces turned to the east. They were bowing to the east in worship of the sun.

The Lord's response And He said to me, Do you see this, son of man? Is it not enough for the house of Judah to commit the abominations they are practicing here, that they must also fill the land with violence and repeatedly provoke Me to anger, even putting the branch to their nose? Therefore I will respond with wrath. I will not show pity or spare them. Though they cry out in My ears with a loud voice, I will not listen to them.

Marked men. Then the Glory of the God of Israel rose from above the cherubim where it had been, to the threshold of the temple. He called to the man clothed in linen with the writing equipment at his side.
Pass throughout the city of Jerusalem, the Lord said to him, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations committed in it.
Then to the threes He said in my hearing, Pass through the city after him and start killing; do not show pity or spare them!
So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple. Then He said to them,  Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!
Then the man clothed in linen with the equipment at his side reported back, I have done as You commanded me.

The Lord's departure. 

For thought and contemplation
What foolishness was manifested by  the elders of Israel in thinking that what they did in the dark could not be seen.by the Lord. Someone has said that sin is the greatest of detectives' Be sure your sin will catch up with you. Numbers 32:23

Therefore don't judge anything prematurely, before the Lord comes, who will both bring to light what is hidden in darkness and reveal the intentions of the hearts. And then praise will come to each one from God. 1 Cor. 4:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...