August 13, 2012

226 - Jersusalem's adultery

Kathleen's thoughts

Ezekiel 14: 1-23, 15: 1-8, 16: 1-43.

Hypocrites threatened This is what the Lord God says' When anyone from the house of Israel sets up idols in his heart, puts a sinful stumbling block before his face, and then comes to the prophet, I the Lord, will answer him appropriately. I will answer him according to his many idols. So  that I may take hold of the house of Israel by their hearts, because they are all estranged from Me by their idols.
Therefore, sat to the house of Israel'; This is what the Lord God says; Repent and turn away from your idols; turn your faces away from all your abominations.

God's punishment God says that if you are right with Him you will be saved but because of your rightiousness you cannot save your daughters and sons they stand accountable for their own actions.

Parable of the vine Like the word of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire as fuel, so I will give up the residents of Jerusalem. I will turn against them. I will make the land desolate because you have been unfaithful.

The lord's covenant Then I passed b y you and saw you, and you were indeed at the age for love. So I spread the edge of My garment over you and covered your nakedness. I pledged Myself to you, entered into a covenant  with you, and you became Mine. This is the declaration of the Lord God.

God's blessings This blessing is beautifully given to the Israelites.
I washed you with water, rinsed off your blood, and anointed you with oil. I clothed you in embroidered cloth and provided you with leather sandals I also wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. I adorned you with jewelry, putting bracelets on your wrists and a chain around your neck. I put a ring in your nose, earrings on your ears, and a beautiful tiara on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothing was made of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey and oil. You became extremely beautiful and attained royalty. Your fame spread among the nations because of your beauty, for it was perfect through My splendor, which I had bestowed on you. This is the declaration of the Lord God.

Jerusalem's unfaithfulness And then you sinned against the Lord and started to worship other gods, even putting your sons and daughters through the fire  and your forgot your days of your youth when your were stark naked and lying in your blood.
How easy it is to forget and walk in sin.

Her adultery You then turned the your beauty into an abomination  Therefore the Lord stretched out His hand against you and reduced your provisions. How your heart became inflamed with lust.

God's judgment on Jerusalem I will also bring your actions down on your own head. This is the declaration of the Lord God.

For thought and contemplation.
Spend a few moments comparing the vine in Ezekiel with the vine in John.15. Remember that in both cases, the only value of a vine is in the fruit. It produces; its wood is quite useless. Ezek 15:3 How much fruit is growing on your vine.

Interesting thought to contemplate!

I am the vine; you are the branches, The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me. John 15: 5.
This is so true, we cannot prosper without our Heavenly Father as the Psalmist says "Only a fool says there is no God" 

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...