- The Lord calls Ezekiel to look at the sword and it's uses.
- He explains that Babylon is coming.
- Thus says the Lord God: Remove the [high priest’s] miter or headband and take off the [king’s] crown; things shall not remain as they have been; the low is to be exalted and the high is to be brought low. Ezekiel 21:26
- He gives Ezekiel a prophesy about the Ammonites,
- The Lord speaks about Jerusalem's sin, His furnace and the sin of Israel's leaders.
- When I read this verse it made me think of how we still are this way today. This caused the wrath of God upon a city. In you have they treated father and mother lightly; in the midst of you they have dealt unjustly and by oppression in relation to the stranger; in you they have wronged the fatherless and the widow. Ezekiel 22:7 The people of the land have used oppression and extortion and have committed robbery; yes, they have wronged and vexed the poor and needy; yes, they have oppressed the stranger and temporary resident wrongfully. Ezekiel 22:29
- And I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 Are we willing to stand in the gap and pray ? Will we fill the gap for our families, friends, politians, our land ??
- The Lord uses a picture of two sisters to explain the adultery of Israel and Egypt.