- Yesterdays reading finished with the reading of how the slaves were set free and then the owners changed their minds and re-enslaved the slaves.
- Today we begin with reading what the Lord said about this action to and through Jeremiah.
- He brought a word against Egypt.
- Beacause of Israel looking to Egypt for protection and trust the Lord said this: 14 And I will reverse the captivity of Egypt [as I will that of Israel] and will cause them to return into the land of Pathros [under Egypt], the land of their origin, and they shall be there a lowly kingdom. 15 It shall be the lowliest of the kingdoms, neither shall it [a]exalt itself any more above the nations; I will diminish [the Egyptians] so they shall never again rule over the nations. 16 And never again shall Egypt have the confidence and be the reliance of the house of Israel; their iniquity will be brought to remembrance whenever [Israel] looks toward them [for help]. They shall know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord God [Who demands loyalty and obedient service]. Ezekiel 29:14-16
- The Lords word towards Tyre. The Lord instructed Ezekiel to lament and sing a song for Tyre.
Self sufficiency is what brought down Tyre.