August 13, 2012

226 - Men have given their hearts to idols

Chareen's Thoughts

Hello I'm back.  I do confess that I am learning just how much I let life get in the way of spending time in the word.  There always seems something else more pressing or interesting to look at on the web and Pinterest has become a little bit of an addiction, so many beautiful things and wonderful people who share their knowledge.

I have been struggling with my journey through the old testament.  It can be so monotonous.  I am however back in the saddle and looking forward to hearing His word for the day.

The Prophet Ezekiel
Today
  • I jump in at the book of Ezekiel and start with a section titled Jerusalem's adultery.
  • We start with Hypocrites
  • Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts and put the stumbling block of their iniquity and guilt before their faces; should I permit Myself to be inquired of at all by them? (AMP) Mortal man, he said, these men have given their hearts to idols and are letting idols lead them into sin. Do they think I will give them an answer? (GNT) Ezekiel 14:3
  • Therefore speak to them and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Every man of the house of Israel who takes his idols [of self-will and unsubmissiveness] into his heart and puts the stumbling block of his iniquity [idols of silver and gold] before his face, and yet comes to the prophet [to inquire of him], I the Lord will answer him, answer him according to the multitude of his idols, ... Ezekiel 14:4
  • The Lord has declared his intent towards those who have idols in their hearts.
  • The Lord explains the depth of devastation He will bring to a land that is faithless to Him.  He explains that even the faith of the father can not save the family. He explains using the names of Noah, Daniel and Job.
  • He explains that He will make the land a desolate place.
  • The Lord continues and declares His covenant with Israel. 
  • I have always felt a little on the edge about piercing my ears because of the different arguments for and against piercing.  Today I read this and my heart is at ease: And I put a ring on your nostril and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown upon your head! Ezekiel 16:12 This is what the Lord said about Israel.
  • He mourns over Jerusalem's unfaithfulness and adultery.
  • Moreover, you have taken your sons and your daughters whom you have borne to Me, and you have sacrificed them [to your idols] to be destroyed. Were your harlotries too little, That you have slain My children and delivered them up, in setting them apart and causing them to pass through the fire for [your idols]? Ezekiel 16:20-21 I grieved as I read these verses. I thought of all the little ones being sacrificed in abortion and walking through the fires of medical waste. It's still this way today. I was touched by the words He used He called them MY children. It made me realise that they are not ours they are HIS.
  • Part of His judgement is a reduction in food and provision.
I feel so blessed to be back.  A little like the prodigal returned. 
Blessings
Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...