April 12, 2012

102 - God is our refuge!

Kathleen's thoughts

1 Samuel 19,20,
Psalm 59: 1-17, 7: 1-17,25: 1-22

Today's readings is about Saul and his perpetual struggle with David's victory gains over war and the people praising him so he is once again out there to try and kill David.

Jonathan, Saul's son protects David from Saul's sword by telling him what is happening and David is at a loss for he has not sinned against his king and he asks Jonathan.
David's wife helps him escape from Saul's men by lowering him out the window.

David during this time wrote some beautiful Psalms with prayer.
Psalm 25: 4 Make Your ways known to me Lord; teach me Your paths...5 Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation...8 The Lord is good and upright; therefore He shows sinners the way. 9 He leads the humble in what is right and teaches them His way. 10 All the Lord's ways shows truth to those who keep His covenant and decrees. 11 Because of Your name, Lord, forgive my sin, for it is great. 14. The secret counsel of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He reveals His covenant to them. 16 Turn to me and be gracious to me for I am alone and afflicted. 22 God, redeem Israel, from all it's distresses.

In Psalm 7 David's prayer if for justice

The friendship between Jonathan and David was strong and this I find amazing how God protects David through Saul's son.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...