|The escape of David through the window|
Gustave Dore - 1866
- Jonathan and David arrange a secret code to let David know if it's safe to return.
- David's absence is noticed and Saul becomes angry. Jonathan now knows that Saul is determined to kill David.
- As per their arrangement Jonathan gave David the sign that Saul is determined to kill him. The two meet and a pledge is made between them
- David then prays for vindication Psalm 26
- David then flees to Ahimelech who is frightened of him but gives him bread and Goliaths sword.
- David writes a song of God's goodness Psalm 34
- Then he prays to God and declares his trust in the Lord Psalm 56
I WILL bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My life makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together