February 07, 2012

38 - God's laws

Kathleen's thoughts


Here one can see that our God is family Orientated we need to look after our immediate family and support them when they are in need.
Lev. 25: 35,36 If your brother becomes destitute and cannot sustain himself among you, you are to support him as a foreigner or temporary resident, so that he can continue to live among you....Do not profit or take interest from him, but fear your God and let your brother live among you.
There is a lot of sadness today where we see families turning against each other and not worrying about them.
God has given us guide lines to live by with conditions for blessings.
Leviticus 26: 1-2 Do not make idols for yourselves, set up a carved image or sacred pillar for yourselves, or place sculpted stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. You must keep MY SABBATHS and honour MY SANCTUARY; I am the Lord.
We need to ask ourselves here why are things going wrong with our world today. one looks around and sees all these objects being erected and people worshiping them. How can we expect the blessing when this is happening?
God says in Leviticus 26: 3 - 13 (KJ) If ye walk in my statues, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. ..And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time; and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely...And I will give peace in the land,l and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid; and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land...And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword...And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword...For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful,k and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you...And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new. ..And I will set my tabernacle among you; and my soul shall not abhor you...AND I WILL WALK AMONG YOU, AND WILL BE YOUR GOD, AND YE SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
What a beautiful promise if we obey our God. but if we do not obey God will chastise us.

When I was reading Leviticus 26: 26 When, I cut off your supply of bread, 10 women will bake your bread in a single oven and ration out your bread by weight, so that you will eat but not be satisfied.
This brought back thoughts of war when the woman stood in lines waiting for their rations we even see this in famine areas. It makes one think!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...