- Today we arrived in the book of Numbers. I love the story of Joshua son of Nunn. As I have read I have been inspired to read a historical fiction account of Moses and Joshua. I have found this to be an enriching journey.
- Thirteen months into the journey from Egypt the Lord instructed a census be taken. There were a total of 603 550 males 20 years old and older in the eleven tribes in the house of Israel. (The Levites were excluded from this census.
- They were to encamp in their military divisions under their banners. God is a god of order. 1 Corinthians 14:33 For He [Who is the source of their prophesying] is not a God of confusion and disorder but of peace and order. As [is the practice] in all the churches of the saints (God's people),
For Further Reading:
- B'Midbar:"Marching Orders" by Ariel Ehrmantrout over at Messianic Pastor's Weblog.
- Notes - Numbers at Trans World Radio - India. Great summary. Excellent
- The Place - of Learning Fear at Thinking 7
- The Camp over at The Church of God Daily Bible Study.
- The 12 Tribes of Israel at Israel a history of
- The Tribes of Israel; How they started
- Twelve Tribes of Israel Banners. Interesting pictures of the banners.