|Christ cleansing a leper
by Jean-Marie Melchior Doze, 1864
- Today I am reading Leviticus 13 continued - 15
- Leviticus 13:47-59 is about fungi / mould / mildew in clothing.
- Leviticus 14:33-53 Specific step by step instructions in what to do if a house has mold / fungi. It was to be inspected. Left alone to monitor growth for a week. If no growth the section was removed to outside the city. New wood /plaster / stone laid. If no fungi appears then the house is inhabitable. If growth reappears the house was condemned and destroyed. The level of the Lords care for His people amazes me. These days we are encouraged to clean and keep. To use mold cleaners etc. His solution was destroy it. Burn it condemn the item. Today research has shown that these types of fungi cause all sorts of health issues and is one of the leading causes of asthma. I wonder why we do not follow His care plan any longer ? Why do we find more toxic chemicals to deal with this issue ?
- Leviticus 14:1-32 is about skin disease and leprosy. Leprosy is a chronic, infectious disease involving the skin and nerves.
- Leviticus 15 concerns specific instructions for cleanliness concerning men / woman / skin / menstruation / s*xuality. As I read this I realised that a lot of what the Lord commanded is how the medical fraternity conduct themselves to prevent the spread of disease. He was caring for the Israelites and making sure they stayed healthy and prevented disease spread. Our God is so good.
For Further Reading:
- About Leprosy over at PubMed Health
- Facts about Leprosy over at ILEP
- Dr Paul Brand changed the lives of lepers and revolutionised the treatment of the disease. He discovered that leprosy is not a flesh eating disease. I highly recommend his biography Ten Fingers for God. The life and work of Dr Paul Brand by Dorothy Clarke Wilson.
- Mildew vs Mold excellent comparison chart
- Mold Types - Black, Toxic and Mildew
- Treating mold naturally.
- Health risks of mold and mildew in your home.
- Is Household Mold worsening your asthma ? Great article discussing prevention and diagnosis.
- Household mold doubles kids asthma.
- Mold. This is by far the best page I have found. It has tons of links. Well worth a look.