- Exodus 25 -27 The reading today is a detailed account of the instructions the Lord gave to Moses concerning the design and construction of The Tabernacle. The Lord was very particular in how He wanted it constructed, what materials He wanted them to use in it's construction and where He wanted all the things placed within the Tabernacle.
- Exodus 25:39 The lamp stand with all these utensils is to be made from 75 pounds of pure gold. Gold is measured in Troy ounces. However, the typical "pound" is not a
troy measurement (it is technically called an Avoirdupois pound -- a
typical American pound). There are ~14.583 Troy ounces in one American
So to find the current value of of one pound of gold, simply multiply 14.583 times the current price of gold (look at goldprice.com for a current valuation).
75 pounds x 14.583 ounces = 1 093.725 ounces of gold
1 093.725 x AU$1 598.36 = AU $ 1 748 166.29
Therefore the lamp stand and all the utensils would cost AU$ 1 748 166.29 to make today.
Read more:How much is gold per pound ?
Several times God says to Abraham is told by the LORD: And see to it that you copy [exactly] their pattern which was shown you on the mountain Exodus 25:40
For Further Reading:
- Tabernacle Model over at Bible Places.com Amazing photo's of a true to life replica of the original desert tabernacle.
- More photo's of the Tabernacle over at Bible Places.com This page has photo's of the high priest clothing and temple furniture.
- The Tabernacle over at The Tabernacle Place.com
- The Tabernacle over at The Tabernacle Man This site is an interesting one.
- Tabernacle Insights Part 1, Tabernacle Insights Part 2, Tabernacle Insights 3, (Video Teachings)
- Amazing Insights about the Jewish Tabernacle of Old Testament Times ! over at Precious Testimonies
- Architecture of the bible - Jerusalem, Holy city of David - Site, Temple and Palaces; scale models, recostructions.