February 06, 2012

37 - Moses came down from Mount Sinai

The Adoration of the Golden Calf by Nicolas Poussin
Kathleen's thoughts


After all what Moses and Aaron went through to this point Aaron falls short and listens to the Israelites to make a foreign god. One would think by this time Aaron would have known better for he walked with Moses and heard the Lord speak.
Moses comes down from the Mount after speaking with God to find the Israelites not behaving in a Godly manner and long with it his brother doing the same. Moses loses his temper by throwing the tablets to the ground! Moses asks Aaron, "What did this people do to you that you have led them into such a grave sin?"
Moses' pleas and God answers. Exodus 32:33 The Lord replied to Moses: "Who ever has sinned against Me I will erase from My book.
So we can see here that God records in the book of life, this I found interesting.
God speaks to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks with his friend. Exodus 33:11
Moses asks God to see His Glory... Exodus 33:18-23
The Moses said, "Please let me see Your glory.," He said, "I will cause all My goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim the name Yahweh before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"
But He answered, "You cannot see My face, for no one can see Me and live." The Lord said, "There is a place near Me, You are to stand on the rock, and when My glory passes by, I will put you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will take My hand away, and you will see My back but My face will not be seen"
Then in Exodus 34:5 The Lord came down in a cloud stood with him there, and proclaim His name Yahweh. "Then the Lord passed in front of him and proclaimed.
What He proclaimed is absolutely beautiful.
Yahweh - Yahweh is a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and rich in faithful love and truth, maintaining faithful love to a thousand generations, forgiving wrong doing, rebellion, and sin. But He will not leave the guilty unpunished, bringing the consequences of the fathers; wrongdoing on the children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generation.
Moses goes back up the mountain taking with him 2 tablets that was commanded by God to bring so as to rewrite the 10 commandments.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...